Congratulations to the group above (8th grade Orchestra) for earning a 1 HONOR RATING at the Large Ensemble Contest, in March 2018 and 1 Honor Rating at the Battle High School Festival in Columbia, MO, March 2018 as WELL!!!
This is a very big accomplishment and I am very proud of you all! Good luck at PHS!! You will be missed at Holman!!!
Love, Mrs. Goren-Scheer, Orchestra Director,
Mr. Dunsmoor, Assistant Director, 6th grade Orchestra
Mr. Knobel, Assistant Director, 7th and 8th grade Orchestra
Supplies Needed: 2018-2019
- Please make sure that every instrument and all auxilary materials have your student's name on them.
- 5th grade: Informational Meeting is on Wednesday, August 22, beginning at 6:00 p.m. at Pattonville High School Auditorium. Classes begin during the week of August 27 at Drummond and Rose Acres and Wednesday, September 5th at Holman for 5th grade STEM students.
- Materials needed: Instrument in a good and working condition, rosin, shoulder pad/rest (violin and viola, rock stop), music stand for home use and for performances, Essential Elements book corresponding with the instrument that your student plays.
- 6th grade Materials needed: Instrument in a good and working condition, rosin, soft cloth to wipe of the rosin, the shoulder REST for violin/viola, rock stop for cello for home use and performances, 3 ring one inch binder with 25 sheet protectors to store music in and dividers.
- Books: Essential Elements book 1 from last year!!
- 7th & 8th grade Materials needed: Instrument in a good and working condition, rosin, soft cloth to wipe of the rosin, shoulder REST for violin/viola, rock stop for cello for home use and performances, 3 ring one inch binder with 25 sheet protectors to store music in. Books: Essential Elements book 2. THIS IS A PURPLE BOOK Mrs. GS will provide other books/materials in class.
- DRESS CODE FOR 6-8th grade: White dressy top, black bottom, dressy black shoes and socks for performances.
- Orchestra T-shirts will also be recommended for a purchase as they will be used throughout the year for performances.
- DRESS CODE for 5th grade: Orchestra shirt, black pants and black shoes, and orchestra shirt, and jeans.
Click on Orchestra Handbook text above to see the handbook file.
- Files: 3