Dear Second Grade Families,
In order to guarantee your child and other second graders the excellent learning and safe community they deserve at school, I am asking you and your child to read and review the attached Class Rules and Rights and Responsibilities guidelines that all 2D citizens will be expected to follow this year. Also, after reviewing the rules/guidelines with your student, I am requesting that you both sign the “Contract” and return it to be placed on file. Please post the attached Class Rules copy at home as a reference for talks with your child, if needed, later in the year.
All students violating the guidelines followed by our class will have natural consequences. Note that intervention will occur in the classroom before an office referral is written. The only exception to this would be a severe behavior (which would be noted in the school behavior guide.) Examples of interventions are: warnings, notes sent home or calls home, 6 minutes of recess taken, separation from group-isolation, and/or conferences.
I strongly feel that learning respect for others and self is of key importance. We are a small community of citizens and learning to work and play together creates a happy, safe place for all of us.
2D’s Class Rules
- Listen when others are talking.
- Follow directions.
- Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
- Work quietly and do not disturb others.
- Show respect for school and personal property.
- Work and play in a safe manner.
Rights and Responsibilities:
- You have the right to a safe environment. You have the responsibility to follow safety rules.
- You have the right to voice your opinion. You have the responsibility to respect the opinions of others.
- You have the right to use school books, materials, and equipment. You have the responsibility to take care of all school materials.
- You have the right to fair treatment. You have the responsibility to treat others fairly.
- You have the right to a good education. You have the responsibility to do your BEST!